Greetings to all who share the wisdom of feng shui!
It’s summertime! Perhaps you live near the beach; in the mountains? in a lovely city? or you have a lush, beautiful garden.
Chances are, guests will arrive. What about your guest room?
Your guest room is a hybrid with multi-purpose functions that should include you as a guest. If it is separate, idle and unused, it is aninauspicious appendage to your space. It should be integrated into your active living environment as a friendly and usable refuge.
Consider your personal needs and apply them to the creative décor of your guest room. Feng shui is your best design tool to make your guest room an auspicious entity within the scope of your domestic activities. Allow us to give you 9 tips for the creative transformation of your guestroom:
- Spend a night in your guest room!
- Judge whether it measures up to your personal standards of comfort!
- Is lighting adequate and auspicious? General? – Task? – Ambient?
- Is surface space plentiful? Table or desk? – Night stand? – Vanity & bath?
- What about closet and drawer space? Luggage rack?
- A Murphy bed provides instant guest accommodations if the room is to serve other functions, e.g. home office; exercise space; hobby room; television den; man cave; meditation room. The interior of a Murphy bed provides surface space and lighting.
- Displaying family photos in relationship corner is a welcoming gesture and integrates all activities for occupants and transients.
- Favoring yin over yang with decorative color schemes, textures and shapes will turn your hybrid guest room into a refuge of peace and quiet.
- Introducing all five elements will serve guests and all other activities with wood for personal growth; fire for joy and energy; earth for peace and groundedness; metal for focus and creative ideas; water for insights and connectedness. Lucky bamboo or other plants for wood; indirect lighting for ambience and fire; earthenware pot or square rug for earth; a round mirror or crystal sphere for metal and focus; for water, small fountain or crystal carafe with fresh drinking water.
We welcome your response with additional enhancement ideas for guest rooms; and we would be delighted to
receive before and after photos of your guest room transformation.
Enhance Your Guest Room and Display
More of Pyramid Feng Shui!