Lift Your Spirits With The Rising Energy Of Easter!
To fully grasp the significance and appreciate the meaning of a holiday, we need to strip away layers of extraneous frills and reveal its essence. Feng shui gives us the tools to find underpinnings of meaning that often get lost in the excess of commercial hype. As the greenest of all holidays, Easter is germane to the wood element. And nothing is more poignantly of wood essence than a sunrise service on Easter morning. “Lift every voice and sing” is the opening line of a famous poem by James Weldon Johnson, which continues to be celebrated in music, sculpture and the graphic arts. Rising energy is the theme for this holiday of the wood element. You can feel the wood energy in your bones and creeping up your spine if you think about sunrise in the east, Spring time and sprouting seedlings, buds bursting at the seams, and multi-shades of green surrounding your gardens.
In addition to using the qi of wood for planning and preparations, we want to experience the satisfaction of fully engaging our senses and then balance our efforts by checking the yin and yang of spaces and activities. Nature in its nascent glory will help us connect to our surroundings and to each other. If you’re not sure where to place your Easter lily or your bunny rabbit, check the bagua and activate your Easter list with our holiday tips and recommendations:
- Take a deep breath, stretch and stand tall like a tree, reaching for the sky, yet firmly planted and grounded in your personal space.
- Facing east at the start of a new day and greeting the sun with fresh energy is auspicious for beginning new projects. We engage wood energy as we plan each day making changes and decisions.
- Let greenery and color prevail at Easter and paint your eggs in vivid colors.
- Be mindful of your culture’s Easter traditions and symbolic meanings.
- Keep Easter decorations simple and meaningful.
- Let Easter symbols tell their story from the egg as the beginning of new life to color as the multi-verse of nature and embrace animal wisdom of bunny rabbits, song birds and Easter lambs.
- Play uplifting tunes that make you want to bounce and dance.
- Decorate with flowers and let floral scents waft through your space. Spread geranium and jasmine from your aroma diffuser.
- Add herbal bouquets to your Easter cuisine with penetrating flavors that linger in the olfactory memory of Easter menus.
- Check your fineries for fresh combinations and create your Easter image for your stroll in the Easter parade.
- Think of baskets and nests as yin, i.e. containment, as the balancing antidote to yang energy and exuberance. Silent prayer and meditation is yin in contrast to surging sounds of pipe organs and choirs.
- Touch your loved ones in life or pictures with an Easter greeting of love and sunshine.
Our Easter holiday will take on deeper meaning and become more significant with enhancements of feng shui applications. Easter can help us understand manifestations of the wood element. Easter is celebrated with sunrise services around the world reminding us of rebirth with rising sounds of glory. Renewal and resurrection is our theme as we run our check list for feng shui dynamics.